Your chance to win an Amazon Echo each week
Set up your Home HQ kit within 14 days of delivery to automatically go into the draw to win an Amazon Echo (RRP $149). It’s easy – all you need to do is set up your Gateway device, download and install the Home HQ app, create an account, and we’ll automatically put you into our weekly draw.
Setting up Home HQ is simple. Check out the quick start guide in your kit, or watch our step-by-step video guide now.
Conditions apply, see full terms and conditions below. Open to ACT, VIC, SA & QLD res. 18 +. Starts: 3/9/18. Ends: 11:59pm AEDST 25/11/18. Limit 1 entry per Home HQ registration. Draws (12): 12pm (noon) AEST/AEDST weekly from 12/9/18 to 28/11/18. For the removal of doubt, the fourteen (14) day window to set-up their Home HQ starts upon an individual receiving in the post or signing for their Home HQ kit and is subject to the end of the Promotional Period. All draws at 321 Exhibition St, Melbourne VIC 3000. Prizes (1 per draw): Amazon Echo ($149). Promoter: Origin Energy Services Ltd (ABN 93 007 847 010) of 321 Exhibition St, Melbourne VIC 3000.
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to ACT, VIC, SA, and QLD residents aged 18 years or older.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st
- Entries into the promotion open on 03/09/2018 and close at 11:59pm AEDST on 25/11/2018 (“Promotional Period”).
- To receive an automatic entry into the draw, individuals must undertake the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- Sign up to an Origin Energy Smart Saver electricity plan online to receive a free Origin Energy Home HQ system. Existing Origin Energy customers may switch their electricity plan to a Smart Saver electricity plan in order to qualify for a free Home HQ System.
- Set-up their Home HQ system within fourteen (14) days of receiving it in the post. To complete set-up their Home HQ system, individuals must also download and register the “Home HQ” application to a compatible device and install the Home HQ Gateway system.
- Upon completing their Home HQ set-up in full as set out above individuals will receive an automatic entry into the applicable draw. For the removal of doubt, the fourteen (14) day window to set-up their Home HQ starts upon an individual receiving in the post or signing for their Home HQ kit and is subject to the end of the Promotional Period.
- One (1) automatic entry will be received for every Home HQ system successfully registered and installed during the Promotional Period.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- There will be one (1) draw conducted for the entries received each week (i.e. Monday – Sunday) of the Promotional Period, for a total of twelve (12) draws (“Weekly Draws”). Entries into each Weekly Draw will open at 12:00am Monday and close at 11:59pm Sunday each week based on VIC local time.
- Each Weekly Draw will take place at Origin Energy, 321 Exhibition Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 at 12:00pm (noon) AEST/AEDST (as it applies in VIC) on the Wednesday after entries close for that Weekly Draw (as specified in clause 10 above), with the first Weekly Draw taking place on 12/09/2018 and the last Weekly Draw taking place on 28/11/2018. Entries in each Weekly Draw will NOT be entered into any subsequent Weekly Draw(s).
- The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
- Winners will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw. Any winners from ACT will have their name published online at originhomehq.com.au/win.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The first valid entry drawn in each Weekly Draw will win an Amazon Echo valued at $149.00.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take a prize (or an element of the prize) at/by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Total prize pool value is $1,788.00.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 05/03/2019 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- The Promoter is Origin Energy Services Limited (ABN 93 007 847 010) of 321 Exhibition Street, Melbourne VIC 3000, telephone 13 24 61.